This is my first recipe on the blog, and I’m super excited to share it, since it’s such a family favorite! I’ve loved to cook since I was a kid, helping my mom in the kitchen. Like many families, the kitchen is the heart of our home, and one of my favorite things in the world is expressing my love for family and friends through food. I love taking requests, and I savor the moments when we share stories or gossip about school and work, while preparing meals. I find that it’s a great, pressure-free way to connect with my kids and make fun memories together. It’s also a cool way to bond with my husband, who couldn’t cook much before we got married, but has since become quite good at it.
Jordan and I are pretty picky eaters, but our kids run the gamut from picky to adventurous, and this recipe is one that we all love — even my 10 year-old Travis, who isn’t crazy about cheese. In fact, he’ll only eat cheese in this chicken recipe and Mac’ ‘N Cheese. The thing I like about my Crispy Cheddar Ranch Chicken recipe, is that you can play with the ingredients and make it your own. You can swap out boneless chicken breasts, for tenders — or cut the tenders into bite-size nuggets for the kiddos (or the kid in you). You can also substitute different kinds of cheese and herbs, and make it a new meal every night if you want.
In the mood for Italian? Use Parmesan or Asiago cheese, add oregano or Italian seasoning, and serve it with marinara for dipping. Want Mexican? Try Monterrey and Cheddar Jack, with taco seasoning. The possibilities are endless and this is a perfect main dish, for everyone in the family from toddlers to grandparents!
You’ll find that this recipe and all the recipes I’ll share on at Full Hawks, are written to serve at least six to eight people —so it’ll come in handy whether you have a big family, or frequently have dinner guests.
- 2 ½ lbs Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4-5 large)
- 1 ½ cups Lowfat Buttermilk
- 2 ½ cups Cheddar cheese
- 2 ½ cups Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Ranch seasoning and salad dressing mix
- 1 tbsp Dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pour buttermilk, cheese, and bread crumbs in separate bowls. Then, mix ranch seasoning with buttermilk. Mix parsley with panko bread crumbs.
- Cover chicken breast with plastic wrap and lightly pound. Cut each breast into 2 2 pieces. Then, dip each breast into buttermilk.
- Next, press each breast into cheese. Then, press each breast into panko bread crumb mixture, and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Cook in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees and crust is crisp. Remove from oven and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6-8 Serving Size: 1-2 pieces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400 Total Fat: 16.4g Saturated Fat: 8.8g